SAMSUNG OEM Original Part: DC34-00024B Washer Door Lock Switch Solenoid:
This door lock is for front-load washing machines, prevent the door from opening during the wash cycle or the high-speed spin cycle. Unplug the washer before servicing the unit. Wear work gloves to protect your hands during the repair.
Step by step instructions to install the Washer Door Lock:
- Unplug the Samsung washing machine.
- Find the retaining ring wire with the spring on it.
- Use needle nose pliers and remove the retaining ring wire off the door boot seal.
- Pull the door seal gasket out of the way (near the door switch) but do not fully remove the seal.
- Remove the 3 mounting screws that hold the door latch to the front panel.
- Pull out the door latch assembly and remove the plastic cover.
- Disconnect the 3 wire harnesses on the door latch to remove it.
- Install the new door latch assembly by connecting the 3 wire harnesses.
- Install the cover onto the door latch assembly.
- Reinstall the 3 screws to hold the door latch to the washer.
- Slide the door seal gasket back into place.
- Put the retaining wire ring and spring back on.
- Plug the unit back in and test it.